Friday, February 20, 2009

don't go in the water....

Last month there were over a thousand sharks off our shores near where we currently live. Apparently, it's an annual event, with the sharks following migratory fish. (You can see aerial pics here.) Then, there are the gators. I saw 2 from the highway when I drove to Orlando to pick up a friend who came to stay a few weeks ago. Last weekend, we drove to another part of Florida and saw some small alligators in a pond in our relatives' neighborhood. I kept my eyes peeled the whole way home at the canals lining the roads and eventually saw several more on our way home. Stretch laughed at me, asking, "Made the whole hour you spent looking worth it?"

Okay, so this particular alligator wasn't in the wild. I took this while on a field trip with my daughter's pre-K class. But still...

I'm just saying: This is NOT the state to get over your fear of water.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Wow! I would have searched the whole hour too. It was probably neat to see one in the wild. However, I have to agree that you should stay out of the water!

Shannon said...

yikes!