Wednesday, July 11, 2007

title change


I've been trying to come up with a new title for months now. Everything sounded so... well, not quite right. So, let's try "Dragonfly" and see how it fits.


Why did I pick this? The first year we were in Korea, my husband had the opportunity to go to Jeju-do. I couldn't go that year, but he brought back a beautiful dragonfly cell phone fob. It had a curved silver body and purple amythyst-like wings. Unfortunately, I lost it right before we moved from Korea. So I guess it reminds me of him. It also reminds me of our time in Korea and, by extension, my Korean heritage (I'm half). Plus, I just think they're pretty!

The fact that they seem to flit from place to place seems to fit, too. Lately, it seems we are always moving! Yes, even more than is usual for a military family.

7 comments:

Amy75 said...

I love the new name, especially given it's history!

Military Mommy said...

I love it! I have to admit that I am scared of dragonflies though. When they get near me I do the scaredypants dance. : )

Meredith said...

We had a beautiful dragonfly caught in our bathroom just this morning! It scared the snot out of Daughter. It was so loud and hitting the mirrored lights. It took a while to catch and release it outside. It must have been a sign of your anniversary! We never get dragonflies.

I like the new name.

Amy said...

I thought that may be you when I saw "marine wife" on my comments, but wanted to make sure. Thanks for commenting. As I said, I lost all my "favorites" in the great computer death, so now I can re-mark you.

Butterfly Wife said...

I love dragonflies. They are so beautiful. I hope the name suits you. :)

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I think dragonflies are lovely...and I love the story behind it....I say GREAT CHOICE!

I changed the name of my site about 7 months ago....I needed a little house cleaning! :)

meekmommy said...

I also think that it is a very fitting name, given the nature of the marine corps lifestyle. The American Indian culture says that dragonflies are a symbol of renewal after a time of great hardship. They also believe that when a dragonfly appears to you, or crosses your path, it is time for something in your life to change, or that something in your life is about to change. Isn't life in the military ever changing??