Friday, September 11, 2009

...heavy-hearted......

It took me until almost noon to remember today's date. But I had my reasons. That day 8 years ago was tragic and changed so many of our lives. But today my heart was heavy from more recent events.

Yesterday, a Marine Reservist died during a routine training exercise. Stretch not only saw the event, but then was one of two Marines to notify the young man's parents. As much as we as spouses dread that knock on the door, I can only imagine the heaviness in a Marine's heart as he stands on the other side of that door.

So, in addition to remembering the tragic events of 8 years ago, I'm asking that you keep the Marines of this unit, as well as the family of this young man, in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is so sad. His family and yours are in my prayers tonight!

Jody said...

So sad. I hate that Stretch had to witness it. As a spouse, I was often in tears when my husband would put on his blues to join the CACO. Most often I didn't know the Marine/Sailor, but it does make for a heavy heart. All are in my prayers.

The Teacup Cottage said...

That is so sad. It always causes me reflection when my hubby has to help with these situations.