Tuesday, December 02, 2008

this and that

Why can't my 4-1/2 year old leave the Christmas tree alone?! I don't remember having this problem in years past. Why now? She's 4-1/2, for crying out loud!

Remember this tree? It's down, again, for probably the 3rd or 4th time since we moved in last summer. Of course, Stretch is out of town for the week.

Oh, and to really top things off, I just found out yet another friend has moved to the base I left last summer. We were supposed to be there for 3 years. Instead, we were there less than 18 months. Well, the girls and I were there. Stretch might have been there 3 months altogether. Not that I was counting. So, anyway. I've got a list of friends that are now there (and I'm not!) while I'm here, still not having made any real friends. The Marine Corps has a sick sense of humor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Jody said...

Hannah seemed to have a hard time last year not touching the tree. If it makes you feel any better, she has been really good with it this year. It could be that I threatened her within an inch of her life, but what ever works. Right?

Hang in there! I know it is so much harder making friends in the civilian world. This isn't permanent. You can do it!!!!

The Mrs. said...

i wonder at time who in the Marine Corps is getting all the good deals! Cause it aint you guys and it aint us... : )