Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Roadtrip stop #3: Busan

It was dark, cold and rainy when we arrived in Busan. It continued to rain while we were there.

We met Mom's youngest brother and his wife. They took us to the Busan Exposition and Convention Center (BEXCO). Lucky for Maeve, there was a Barbie exposition at the time. I've never seen so many Barbies. I even recognized the one from my childhood that my sister had managed to remove its head.


After viewing Barbie in all her forms, Maeve and I joined the rest of our group for lunch. There was a very good buffet at BEXCO that my mom is still raving about.

After lunch, we went to Dongbaek (Camellia Island) and walked around in the drizzle. But we weren't the only fools walking in the rain! There was quite the line when we found our way to the APEC building and received a tour of the site where leaders around the Pacific (including our own Pres. Bush) had met for an economic conference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We could only imagine the excitement and joy in Maeve at the barbie exhibition :)