Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can you smell the stress?!

It's that time again.  In 3 weeks, the kids will be out of school.  In 6 weeks, all of our "stuff" will be either in a truck or in the back of our vehicles.  And I still don't know, specifically, where we're moving.  Oh, I know the general area.  But I don't have an address. 

I have a potential address.  The housing office has assigned a house to us and I should count us lucky for that.  But my luck is holding pretty steady with housing.  It will be the 3rd condemned house I've been invited to use as my residence.  (By condemned, I mean that these places are/were scheduled to be either completely razed to the ground or to be gutted for renovations.) 

So I'm just not completely sure we will take them up on the offer.  While there would be so many positives to living on base, I'm not sure we can take the living conditions.  The place is TINY.  I've lived in some pretty small places, so I don't say this lightly.  The next tiniest place we've lived would be the doll house/apartment we lived in while in Korea.  I only lasted 2 months in that place before abandoning my husband.  This newest offering is less than half the space we have now, maybe closer to a third.

So now I'm frantically trying to consider all options while simultaneously trying to work up lists of all the items we'll need to put into storage if we take this place.  I'm also trying to figure out how to dump at least half of my kids junk stuff without them noticing too much.  Added to all this, my husband is insisting on having a yard sale, despite his scheduled trips between now and the truck pulling out of our driveway.  I hate yard sales.
 
Gotta love PCS season!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm behind in my blog reading. Moving would make me crazy. Moving and not knowing where I was going would absolutely push me over the edge! Good luck!