Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm starting to hear the fat lady whisper

We finally have a window! (in a sing-song voice) We have a window! We have a window!

The mil-spouses will know what I mean. I now have a period of a few days in which to expect Stretch home sometime within that time. And for you non-mil-spouses, yes, it really does help cut down on the uncertainty.

Even better, I was actually right (after some recent recalculating) about when the window will be. Hm-m, I might actually be getting the hang of this being married to a Marine business. It's only taken about 10 years.

Actually, I take that back. I haven't done anything to get ready for reunion yet. I don't even have anything to make a sign with yet. Are yellow ribbons and balloons too minimalistic? I might be able to pull that off. I'm not usually this unorganized. Really!

9 comments:

Mrs. Staff Sergeant said...

Hurray for the window! lol

It'll be great :) And BTW, yellow ribbons and balloons are what we always do (I guess I'm not that creative! haha)

Calista said...

Yay :-) You have a window you have a window **doing happy dance**

Yellow ribbons and balloons sound great!

TripleE said...

yippie!
happy dance here too :)

Butterfly Wife said...

I am so excited for you. really, I am. Maybe you could go over the top with teh balloons and ribbon. Fill the entire house with balloons. :D (uh, I love balloons)

Killjoy said...

So excited for you! I'm dancing here for you, too. :)

A said...

Yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liberal army wife said...

woo hoooo! and doing a happy dance here too. I didn't have a sign or anything either. he didn't care - he loved taking down the blue star though!

YAY.

LAW

rose_michelle said...

How wonderful for you! Our date is still months away, but it's always exciting to hear of another family reuniting!

trying said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! How exciting! I hope the time just flies by for you guys and that your have a fantastic reunion.


And we do the yellow ribbon ballon thing there too!