Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm starting to hear the fat lady whisper

We finally have a window! (in a sing-song voice) We have a window! We have a window!

The mil-spouses will know what I mean. I now have a period of a few days in which to expect Stretch home sometime within that time. And for you non-mil-spouses, yes, it really does help cut down on the uncertainty.

Even better, I was actually right (after some recent recalculating) about when the window will be. Hm-m, I might actually be getting the hang of this being married to a Marine business. It's only taken about 10 years.

Actually, I take that back. I haven't done anything to get ready for reunion yet. I don't even have anything to make a sign with yet. Are yellow ribbons and balloons too minimalistic? I might be able to pull that off. I'm not usually this unorganized. Really!

9 comments:

Keri said...

Hurray for the window! lol

It'll be great :) And BTW, yellow ribbons and balloons are what we always do (I guess I'm not that creative! haha)

Anonymous said...

Yay :-) You have a window you have a window **doing happy dance**

Yellow ribbons and balloons sound great!

Susan said...

yippie!
happy dance here too :)

Butterfly Wife said...

I am so excited for you. really, I am. Maybe you could go over the top with teh balloons and ribbon. Fill the entire house with balloons. :D (uh, I love balloons)

Killjoy said...

So excited for you! I'm dancing here for you, too. :)

A said...

Yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liberal army wife said...

woo hoooo! and doing a happy dance here too. I didn't have a sign or anything either. he didn't care - he loved taking down the blue star though!

YAY.

LAW

The Teacup Cottage said...

How wonderful for you! Our date is still months away, but it's always exciting to hear of another family reuniting!

The Mrs. said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! How exciting! I hope the time just flies by for you guys and that your have a fantastic reunion.


And we do the yellow ribbon ballon thing there too!