Friday, May 18, 2007

Thank you, Marines!

My daughter's school had an assembly today to thank their Marine volunteers who do so much at their school. Just their presence at the school, in uniform on a daily basis, is comforting to many kids who have a deployed parent. Some of the classes did little poems or songs. Big Sis' group (4 classes together) put on what can only be termed a production! A group of kids in cammies marched in, calling a cadence, followed by 2 kids (in cammies) in one of those toy battery operated jeeps with some tubes mounted to the back. The whole thing was painted camouflage. When they got to the stage, the other kids were all dressed in red, white & blue, waving flags and then they sang their song "The Great Defenders," complete with choreography. It was so cute!





*The Marines who volunteer at the school are often attending a school here or waiting to attend it. Some are recuperating Wounded Warriors.

4 comments:

Military Mommy said...

That is so cool that the school recognizes their hard work.

And also that they give of their time to help out.

Thanks for sharing that story. Very touching.

Love, Michelle

Alycia said...

What a great community and show of support! Go Marines! I also wanted to tell you I tagged you for a meme. So come on over to my place, and I hope you'll join in the fun! Have a great weekend!

Shannon said...

That's adorable.

Amy75 said...

I love the photos and I think it's wonderful that the kids are giving thanks to the Marine volunteers! I think all Americans owe a big thanks to the Marines and their families ;)